The TEF test of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris, provides candidates with a photograph of their language levels in French on a 7-level scale, indexed on the levels of the European Framework Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The TEF is for anyone over 16 who would like to know what French language level they have. This knowledge can be important for:
- higher education projects;
- professional projects;
- and/or personal purposes.
The TEF consists of two series of tests:
1. MCQ-format questions (multiple-choice questions) in three inseparable parts
- Reading (RC): 60 minutes, 50 questions, 300 points.
- Listening (LC): 40 minutes, 60 questions, 360 points.
- Vocabulary and structure (LS): 30 minutes, 40 questions, 240 points.
150 questions for a detailed evaluation of language skills.
2. Production tests in two separate parts
- Writing (WE): 60 minutes, 2 different topics, 450 points.
- Speaking (OE): 15 minutes, 2 different topics, 450 points
The TEF Certificate of results provides each candidate with a review of his/her scores obtained in each part of the test, as well as giving detailed feedback per skill.
No diploma is required to sit the TEF tests. It is possible to take the test several times.