THE DIFFERENT COURSE LEVELS
Why choose CLL?
+ we are the largest language school in Belgium and we guarantee that we can offer you a course that corresponds to both your level and your needs;
+ we have proven experience in the organization of language learning for all profiles;
+ we don’t hide the truth: learning a language is an important personal investment which demands time;
+ our teaching staff are highly qualified and we invest annually in an ambitious training programme to ensure their skills are up to date;
+ we guarantee results: if you are diligent and do the work asked for by your instructor, you will make progress;
+ our method, centered on oral communication, prepares and encourages you to use your language in authentic situations with native speakers.
The different course levels
This level focuses on truly discovering the language and its sounds, and learning a few simple expressions.
At the end of this level you will be able to speak about yourself, your immediate surroundings and, for example:
- introduce yourself and someone else (name, age, nationality, where you live, etc.);
- respond to simple questions concerning yourself;
- fill in a simple form;
- write an email…
Imagine yourself undergoing total immersion in a country: if you have finished this level, you can survive without any problems! Eat, travel, shop and even hold simple conversations with the inhabitants!
At the end of this level, you will be able to describe your surroundings, past, present and future, for instance:describe your family, your work, your lifestyle, your preferences, and your past and present activities;
- order at a restaurant, go shopping;
- accept or refuse an invitation;
- use public transport, ask directions and explain an itinerary;
- describe people, buildings and everyday items;
- give a concise description of events; identify the main themes of televised newscasts, etc.
If you have finished this level you have crossed a threshold in your learning: you can take part in conversations and even express your opinions
At the end of this level, you will be able to:follow the main points of a discussion on specific topics;
- follow a conversation or hold a discussion;
- give and ask for advice;
- express a personal opinion concerning a film, a book, an article etc;
- describe a dream;
- explain a simple project, idea, etc;
- understand the main ideas in newspaper articles;
- listen to newscasts and understand their global context;
- express your feelings;
- and if you have not understood, you can ask for an explanation.
Advanced or independant level
There you go! After all that hard work, you are at last at ease with the language. You understand complete conversations, can participate and intervene in conferences and take part in professional meetings. A conversation with a native speaker no longer creates stress for either party. You are able to express yourself with ease, naturally and efficiently.
- At the end of this level, you will be able to:watch a film in the original version without subtitles and understand the meaning;
- read a newspaper;
- defend your opinions;
- establish hypotheses;
- write a report or essay;
- construct a logical argument;
- make a presentation;
You are now perfectly at ease with the language; you understand its subtleties and nuances. Idioms no longer hold any secret for you; you can even detect different regional accents! And above all, you can work in the language without any difficulty.
- At the end of this level, you will be able to:chair a meeting;
- express your ideas with precision;
- understand complex texts and appreciate the differences in style;
- summarize documents;
- use numerous idiomatic expressions… and put them to good use!
- give a clear well-constructed speech without hesitations;
- read literature…with pleasure!
How many hours of coursework are required to obtain this level ?
Concretely, how much time will it take me?
You’ll need 2 sessions of 30 hours or 3 sessions of 20 hours to complete level A1 and 4 sessions of 30 hours or 6 sessions of 20 hours to complete the subsequent levels.